Background

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Weekend Recap

A very busy weekend...Life sure doesn't stop when mom is sick. Addison and I are both sick, again. I have had laryngitis for almost 3 days. It hurts to talk! Grandma Jackie is finally back from Europe so she watched Addison on Friday. Saturday morning I took Addison up to Centerville to get her hair trimmed and on the way home we stopped at my uncle Scott's mom's horse farm-Raynyday Morgans. Her and her husband, Will, have 10 morgans, who are just beautiful. Addison was so excited to see "horsies" up close and personal and even fed Sparkle some hay and pet her nose. Sparkle is one of their youngest, she is 3 (she is the first picture). Their oldest horse is 29 years old! Here are some pictures of the horsies...

Saturday evening was Jack's work Christmas party. It was held at one of the teacher's house and it was a bunch of fun! We actually stayed out past midnight. Grandma Jackie babysat Addison. This morning they made homemade waffles and played with Christmas toys including the nativity. Here are some adorable pictures Jackie emailed me today....


All I got done today was bunches of laundry, washed the kitchen floor, and pulled Addison off of the kitchen cabinet drawers about a million times. She is obsessed with getting on the kitchen counter and table!!

Other GREAT news--I found a generator at PepBoys on sale again. They had a sale during the windstorm, but they were all sold out of course. We got the largest one they had, one that will run our entire house when the electric goes out. The ice storm of 2006 and the wind storm of 2008 were horrible for us-our power was out for 5 days. NOT ANYMORE! Mike came over today and him and Jack hooked it up to our main power source so we just have to hit a switch. They tried it out to make sure it worked and it did. I will not doubt we will have another ice storm this season. Other good news...County goverment came through at the last mintue for all of us and gave us paid vacation starting at noon on Christmas eve through Friday. Originally, we only had Christmas Day off. I think they feel bad for us since we are not getting any state funds and they have frozen our salaries. No raises in 2009 :(

This is Jack's last week of work until his Christmas vacation. I need to start a honey do list so while he's off he won't be bored--haha!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Aww, I bet she had a blast looking at the "horsies."

Her making those waffles are too funny! And she looks stinkin' adorable in those pigtails.

audrey said...

Aww, it looks like ya'll had a lot of fun! I can't believe how big Addison is getting!