Background

Monday, May 3, 2010

Re-Do and lots of other pictures

I have been wanting to paint my bathroom forever so what a better time to paint then when it is raining outside?  Last weekend it rained the entire weekend, so I got started on Friday evening.  Addison helped me take everything out of the bathroom and we taped together.  She is the biggest helper!!  I can see that she has my Type-A personality because it the tape wasn't on quite right, she'd rip it off and start over. 
Saturday actually started off to be a nice day and we went to the grocery together.  While Addison was napping (a whopping 3 hours!) I painted.  I think after a week I'm getting used to the bold gold color I used.  I was so tired of boring "Wheat Bread."  Jack came in and freaked out when he saw the color.  Hey-it's my bathroom, I can paint it whatever I want!  I told him to give me a chance to get everything back in and then he could give me his opinion.  The only thing he did help me with was the trim since we ripped that out too.  Addison stayed the night at Grandma Jackie's house since Grandma has been out of town so much and has missed her.  Uncle Steve was home too, so that just made it even better for her.

Saturday evening Jack and I went to Home Depot (for the 4th time since the day before), rented "The Blind Side" and got Chipotle.  We enjoyed the evening in, out of the rain watching a movie together.  It was a great movie, by the way!! Sunday morning we worked on the trim, which was a learning curve.  At least we started in the master bath, so hopefully Jack's bathroom will be much easier.  I also put in a new light fixture and when we took the old one off, we realized that our lazy builder did not install a electrical light box behind the wall.  I swear he cut corners anywhere he could.  So back to HD we went...twice...for 2 light boxes because we broke the first one.  That afternoon I was able to get everything back in place, so this is the before and after...



 



And yes it is small, but it's awfully quick to clean! LOL!  I still have plans to paint the oak cabinet a darker color and get a new faucet.

I have been trying to find Addison a new four wheeler since Jack accidently backed over her old one.  She has been talking about it everyday and telling me that she needs new tires for it to fix herself. Quite funny.  Problem is, it is pretty much toast.  I decided this time to get something bigger so that it was go over the gravel in the driveway.  The little four wheeler was only had a 6 volt battery so I started looking for a Power Wheels 12 V Barbie Jeep.  New they are $250 and I knew I wasn't going to spend that, so I finally found one in Waynesville!!  I went to get it Thursday night after I dropped Addison off at my mom's and it wouldn't fit in my car! I don't know what I was thinking! I drive a Jetta!!  So I went back on Friday on my way to pick up Addison.  She is obsessed with it!  Too bad it rained all weekend and she could only ride it on Friday night. 





Saturday was Katie and Mike's couple's shower and the rain stopped long enough to have the outdoor barbeque/party.  It was a ton of fun and Addison had a great time! 

Addison and I made Peanut Butter Cup cookies for the party and they were a hit!  She unwrapped all of the mini reece cups for the cookies and ate some along the way.



These miscellaneous pictures are just to get me caught back up to the present date.  I have taken so many pictures, but haven't been able to get on to post.  I am now bringing my laptop to work and since we have WI-FI, I can blog on my lunch hour!!

This is Addison's best friend, Carson, who lives next door.  They LOVE to ride on our four wheeler


This is at Easter-Addison's eggs she colored and then Easter morning


A a picnic outside...


We unfortunately have a lot of dead trees in our yard due to the ash borer beatle, so Jack's been busy cutting down the trees before they fall on our house.  This one is the latest.
This is Addison playing in the rain, just yesterday.  I love this picture!


The next couple of weeks are packed.  This weekend is obviously Mother's Day so we'll be in Centerville celebrating with mom and it's also Aunt Julie's birthday on Monday.  Next weekend is Katie and Mike's wedding in Dayton and Addison is the flower girl.  Hopefully she will be well and all will go as planned.  We are all looking forward to the pool opening on Memorial Day weekend too!

No comments: