Background

Thursday, March 19, 2009

I love spring!

I love now that the sun stays out so much longer and we can play and play outside after dinner!! The weather this week was quite warm--in the high 60's to mid 70's. Today though, after the rain we had is about 55. I'm not complaining though--it is bright and sunny and just perfect! I'm on my lunchbreak right now outside and my laptop is connected to some wi-fi signal in our building (its not illegal, don't worry!)

Addison loves to be outside. When I pick her up from daycare she's been asking me if she can eat dinner outside. It is so adorable. We have a flimsy kid table and 2 chairs, but they always fall over. I'm looking for the Little Tikes picnic table with umbrella on Craig's List, but it must be a hot commodity, because I'm not the only one searching for something that no one is selling. It's under 50 bucks new, so I think I'll make a trip to Meijer in the near future and get it for her Easter gift. She'll just love it! While I was on Craig's List I also found the Step 2 slide that goes with Addison's swimming pool for only $20. I'm going to pick that up over the weekend too.

The other exciting thing is that she's eating vegetables! I hope I didn't jinx myself by writing that, but she likes cucumbers and tomatoes this week. I had a big salad last night and she ate all of them and asked for more!! Yay!!

This weekend is my dad's 59th birthday (sorry, dad-had to write it!!) so we'll be going to Centerville for his bday dinner on Saturday. I'm going to make my famous strawberry trifle, a request from dad. It is so yummy!! I have never been able to find the recipe on the Internet, so I feel like it is something I created myself! LOL!

My friend at work, Aimee, went to Coupon Bootcamp in Wilmington last weekend and was nice enough to share all the secrets she got. Here is what she got....
(I will Post later...)
Great information!!! I bought a picture album that holds 200 4 x 6 picture from Dollar General for $6 to store my coupons in. Aimee has hers in a binder with baseball card holders, but a lot of my coupons were bigger than baseball cards and I didn't want them folded, so I opted for the larger storage area. I can easily see all of the coupons and the dates since they are not folded. I also found out from her that Meijer price matches (everything, including groceries), so my new plan is to take all of the ads (Kroger, CVS, Walgreens, Walmart) there with me so I can get the cheapest of everything. On top of that, they do double coupons. Gotta love that!!! It makes going to the grocery so much more fun! I'm actually going tonight, so I'm going to work on my list for the last couple minutes of my break. TTYL

No comments: