I'm kind of liking this recession with all of the great deals on clothing!! I found a coupon on another blog site for 30% off Gap and Old Navy (3/12-15). www.gapgiveandget.com/np/tfa.html. Then I found out that Old Navy was having a big sale on pants yesterday ($29.50 marked down to $19, plus 30% off--$13.30!). Jack always seems to need pants, so I went last night when Jack took Addison to his parent's house. I also have been toting around a Gap gift card, so I knew this would be a great time to use it. I went all the way down to Rookwood in Hyde Park, but it was worth the drive since Kenwood Mall is all under construction and the traffic is a mess. I found a pair of "Limited Edition" Gap jeans that were originally $69.50 marked to $31.99 and then I had 30% off. They came out to be $23 and some change and the gift card was for $25 so I made out!! Of course they are too long because Gap must think that everyone is model tall. I am good at hemming pants, however I have never done jeans. I found a tutorial website about how to utilize the original hem in jeans (since you can never get it to look the same if you cut it off). I plan on hemming them later today.
After Gap, I went to Old Navy and found a pair of khakis for me and Jack, jeans for Jack and 2 pair of capri's for Addison (they were only $2.80 each)!! I may go back tomorrow when I'm shopping with Jackie D. to look for more spring stuff for Addison. Last night after I got home I put black out material at Addison's windows. Since the time change, she goes to bed when its still light out! Of course when I was at JoAnn Fabrics, I estimated the length of the window and they are about 3" too short. It is ok though, they still work out well. I hung them behind the turquoise curtain that is up there (on a separate rod).
So Jackie D and I are going shopping tomorrow for her baby's room. Hopefully we'll find some cute material for curtains and a crib skirt!! I'm excited to make something for Alexis. My craft room is coming along too--I have my sewing machine set up permanently in there and the dresser drawers are organized in to different crafts (sewing, scrapbooking/stamping, photography, etc). After I get the bed out of there, I'll do a futon and maybe a treadmill. I am enjoying the gym though--I went to weight class this morning AND the grocery all before 7:30 am!! I had a third doctor's appointment at 9 am for my mole. He went in again and cut out a huge football shape to send out again. Hopefully the cells are normal and nothing else needs to be done. There are 7 stitches that will be removed on 3/27. I'll take a picture once it heals a little more. I guess that is what I get for years and years of tanning and not wearing sunscreen.
I know I'm rambling...Addison's potty training is going well. She goes in the morning and at night. I'm going to have daycare start really working next week with her. I bought pull ups too and I plan to work hard this weekend. Other than that, I'm just glad it's Friday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment