Background

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snowed In!

Jack was doing a snow dance yesterday for no school and it sure worked! I woke up extra early today so I could leave the house by 6 to get to work "on time". I didn't drive one mile before I turned around and went back home. I decided to just try when it was light outside. I talked to a couple of people at work who called me wimpy, but they were not the ones on the side of the road for 4 hours with a toddler during the last ice storm. I left anyway, heeding Jack's advice to stay home. I went a little more than a mile this time, but noticed that one of the roads near home was backed up because cars could not get up the hill. I turned around in someone's driveway and got stuck. I spun my tires for 15 minutes before calling Jack. Of course no one driving by stopped to ask if I needed any help. Go figure-we live in Cincinnati. Finally, after turning my wheel back and forth (I guess to clear snow away from the tires) I was able to back up and drove back home. The weather man is calling for ice around 2, and that freaks me out more than anything, so I'm glad I'm home now. Here are some pictures of the snow and Addison coloring in her PJ's.

I don't think I ever posted a picture of our wood stove in the garage that heats our house, so here it is. Jack's been very busy chopping and splitting wood.
Also, never posted my new license plates I got for my birthday...how cute!!Addison is napping now since she woke up at 6 am, so hopefully later we can go play in the snow and get some cute pictures!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy snow day! I hope you can get out and enjoy it!