Background

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Day for the History Books

I should have posted yesterday-the day of the inauguration of the first black president (actually I don't view him as black-I would call him more of a mutt). My office organized a viewing of the inauguration in our conference room during lunch, but I chose not to attend, as I knew I would see it over and over again on the news. I was not wrong!! Later in the evening I went to the gym and watched it again on cardio theatre. I still don't know what to think of our new President, as I did not vote for him. I do, however, like Michelle Obama. Her platform is military families. I also think she is beautiful and really represents the American woman. She is a wonderful mother and her children are grounded. As we were watching the news coverage last night I was getting Addison to say Obama-It was so cute!!

I'm still dreaming of warm weather--this winter has been so cold and dreary. It hasn't really snowed at all-just had that big ice storm before Christmas. I guess our big snow came last March, so we still may be in for something big. Jack has been cutting firewood like a fool. Every chance he gets he is outside with his axe. If only I could afford to buy him a log splitter! The only bad thing is that he thinks we are going to run out of seasoned firewood by the middle or end of February. At least next year we will have an abundance of wood for the stove!

I found the website for Bounce U in Centerville. The only open "bounces" they have for preschool age children is Tue/Thur/Fri from 9:30-11:30 am. I am taking off next Friday since grandma Jackie will be teaching at OSU so I'm hoping to take Addison to bounce then. This Saturday aunt Angie is having a bowling party (with bumpers!) for her birthday. I hate bowling, probably because I'm bad at it and it hurts my back, so I will be a spectator.

No comments: