Background

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Garage Sale, Power Outage, Back, etc

I think the last time I wrote was Friday or so, I can't remember! We have been without power since Sunday at 3:00 pm and it is Tuesday at 10:15 pm now. We moved in with Jackie and Jim because their power is always on during these crazy storms. More on this later...

Saturday was our garage sale at my parent's house in Centerville. We went up on Friday night and had a horrible time sleeping. Addison got up and wanted to play and would not sleep!

This is from Friday night-Addison likes to touch Pa'Pa's beard.




Saturday was very hot and humid, but we still sold over $500 worth of stuff, so it was successful. Lots still went to Good Will. During the sale, a real live fox walked by on a leash. Here are some pics of the sale and the fox, named Gizmo.




At 3:30 Jack, Tony, Angie, and Cameron all went in to watch the Michigan game (sorry they lost!) Cameron is my cousin and Addison LOVES him!!




I also did something over the weekend that threw my back out. I have been having back problems, but I did something major over the weekend. I was on ice Saturday night when we came home and then it got worse and worse on Sunday. I was at Wal-Mart grocery shopping and had to leave the store because I could not walk. I was actually crying on the way home because I was in so much pain. Jim came over for the Bengals came and I laid in the middle of the family room floor on an ice pack. The wind storm began about 1pm and a tree came down on the driveway about a foot away from Jen and Chad's cars. Two more trees came down on the driveway and when the power went out at 3pm Jack and Jim went out with the chainsaw and had to cut their way out of the driveway. A huge tree in the neighbor's yard came down onto Parker and cut the powerlines when it fell. We now know that Duke will not be out to cut it down until Satuday. Since the power was off, we decided to deliver our old lawn mower to someone who I work with that bought it. She lives in Bethel. It was crazy to drive in the wind storm and there were trees coming down all over and power was starting to go out everywhere. When we got home we had hot dogs on the grill and then went to bed since the power was out. I was still in major pain and it got to the point where Jack had to take me to the emergency room. Jim thankfully came over to stay with Addison and we got to the ER at about 10pm. I had to stay in the waiting room until about 11pm and then we were taken back to a room. Some girl that broke her toe was seen in front of me, even though I was screaming in pain and the girl with the broken toe was laughing in the room next to us! Jack got so mad, that he went and asked the nurse what the heck was up. At 11:45, they finally came in and asked if I wanted a pain pill. I was not able to lie down or sit. I had to stand on one leg because I had shooting pain down my left leg. The nurse finally ended up giving me two percoset and then two shots in my butt (which left a HUGE black and blue bruise!). The meds took about an hour to kick in, but I still could not lie down and had to sit on my knees. Thinking back, I should have asked to be admitted, but I just wanted to go home and sleep, even though I was in so much pain. We finally got home at about 2am. Monday Jack did not have school and my office was closed as well. Jack went to Walgreens with Addison when they opened and got me the Vicodin and Robaxin the hospital prescribed. Monday afternoon we ended up coming over to the Wessel's since their power came back on and Addison was bored out of her mind at home without power. Jack se me up in a bed with an ice pack and a heating pad and my medicine. The meds did not help...my regular doctor was closed so I had to wait until today (Tuesday) to talk to anyone. They ordered an MRI for me (tomorrow at 7pm) and prescribed prednisone (steroid). I still can't feel my leg, but it does feel a bit better now since Jack and I went over to the Downings and used their hot tub (Jack had to put me in it!), which was wonderful!!! We need one now!
We are back at the Wessel's again tonight...Jack still does not have school and as far as I know, my office is still closed (I can't go to work anyway, because I can't walk or sit). To top all this off, my grandpa "Doggone" died last night....he was 88. If I can walk on Friday, we will be traveling to French Lick for the funeral. Crazy week...hope we get power back soon and thanks to everyone who has helped us out this week!!!!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Holy moly, you poor thing! I hope you get better soon.