Friday couldn't have come any faster this week! I'm so happy to be leaving early today (11:30) and doing fun stuff! Addison is with Grandma and Grandpa "Pa" Wessel last night/today, so I am going to Centerville to shop for cameras with my dad. I may have to hit up Marshall's too. I also plan on going to JoAnn Fabrics so I can get supplies to make Addison's quilt. I also may cover her bumper that is currently very blah in her crib, after inspiration from Jessica McCash's blog, thanks to Audrey. Jessica's baby is going to love his nursery when he arrives! Jackie (mom in law) has the coolest new sewing machine that embroiders along with lots of other tricks. I'm going to have her name embroidered on the bumper as well as on one piece of the quilt. The machine also quilts, but I may want to do that by hand (with all that free time I have-HA!). We are still waiting for our couch. I think its only been like two weeks and since it was a special order, it won't be in until the second week of October. I don't think I can wait that long. At least this give me time to paint the living room (yes Jack, I AM PAINTING!!) and make some new curtains and frame all the pictures of Addison. Maybe I'll peruse my dad's collection of his old watercolors and find a new one for the wall....I'll take a picture of our bare living room later (it only has a recliner and coffee table in it!).
Everyone have a fun and safe holiday weekend!!
1 comment:
Awww, thanks for the sweet comment! Have you ever quilted before? I'd love to make a small one for the baby...but the task seems so daunting! Are we a bunch of old ladies or what? All this talk about sewing and baking! Are you getting a new camera this weekend or are you still trying to convince your daddy that giving you his would be the "fatherly" thing to do? Good luck!
Post a Comment