Background

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It's Tuesday!

No, I'm really not excited it's Tuesday, I just couldn't come up with a title! haha! We have not been very busy since my last post, so I held off posting. This past weekend we had to take my car down to Lexington to have the timing belt replaced. I have a very special car-VW Jetta TDI. If you don't know what that is, it is a turbo diesel. I also get close to 40 mpg! Anyway, we didn't trust the dealership to change the timing belt because they were not well versed in diesel engines. The closest certified VW diesel mechanic was in Lexington and he was wonderful! He has 4 TDI's himself and he works out of his home garage. He saved us $800 too! Jack and I were able to make a day trip out of it. Addison stayed with the Wessel's for the day. After dropping the car off, the mechanic let us take his Passat out and about. I won't go into gory details about what the car looked like (because if you know me, I could easily do that), but let me just say it was dirty. And not just a little dirty. He is also a smoker, so it smelled real nice...Anyway, I didn't complain too much because this way we didn't have to drive two cars.

We decided to take a tour of the Wild Turkey Bourbon distillery in the area. Kentucky has 7 bourbon distilleries near Lexington. No samples, but it was really fun. On the way home, we stopped in Newport at The Party Source and bought little sample bottles of 4 different bourbons from the local distilleries.

Sunday my mom came down early so that we could try out St. Mark's church. It was a wonderful service and I think I finally found a church home. It was almost identical to the one I grew up in and its like 3 miles from my house!! I hope to take Addison in the next couple of weeks.

No comments: